6/19/07

Spill it

James 5:16 “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.”

How many of us who are sick, hurt, or struggling spiritually, actually talk about it with other Christians. I don’t know about everyone else but I know I tend to keep what is going on with me pretty secret. But, the verse up top here says that by telling other Christians what we are dealing with, their prayers will do much good.

As a group of people who want to serve God, I petition us all to embrace this idea fully, it will benefit our walk with Jesus immensely.

If you are all like me then opening up is a hard thing to do. If we embrace this then we have to be ready to be uncomfortable, to step out of our bubbles, and take a step of faith.

We need to repent of our old ways of keeping the things about ourselves secret, and embrace the new idea of revealing it to others so they can pray for us.

Amen

No comments: